Thursday, October 8, 2026

Kim Chong Hak

 

The Phoenix Art Museum has two new exhibits up and I recently stopped by to take a look.  Both exhibits were fascinating but I didn't have enough time to really study them so I will be going back again.  The first exhibit was of the work of a South Korean artist by the name of Kim Chong Hak.  His paintings were big and bold and full of life.  He has a somewhat abstract painting style but the images almost come alive when viewed.  Above is one called "River" that was painted in 1987.  

This one is called "Snowy Mountain" and it was painted in 2008.  It almost looks like a photograph one might take of the very tops of some high mountains.

This one wrapped around a corner and it is just bursting with colorful flowers in all shapes and sizes.  It's called "Pandemonium" which seems quite appropriate.  It's a riot of color and charm.  It makes you feel happy just to look at it.


 

3 comments:

Gemel said...

Pandemonium is utterly outstanding.

Travel said...

Love the flowers.

Diaday said...

Ooohhhh...I love them all!