Monday, October 5, 2026

A Bit of Plagiarism

 

Someone has added some detail to a utility building located behind a high-rise building along Central Avenue.  I recognize that image as Banksy's "Girl With Red Balloon" and since Banksy isn't working in Phoenix, I'm certain this is a copy.  I wonder if the person who did this actually had license to use the image.

Taking part in Monday Murals. 

9 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You would hope so, he might want royalties

Sami said...

That's strange that someone would use Banksy's image. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

Diaday said...

This is definitely copyright infringement if permission wasn't granted.

Travel said...

Brightens an otherwise boring wall.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

It is well placed.

RedPat said...

Looks good though.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I would imagine he or she would have a licence since the mural is in such a public place.

Gemel said...

Oh dear, I certainly hope they had permission to do this.

Bill said...

I like it and hope the person had licence to do this.