Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Revisiting 2009

 


I spent quite a bit of time over last weekend working on my photo files.  I think I mentioned before that when I bought my first Macbook back in 2011, the Apple Store techs transferred all my photos over to the new laptop from my very old Dell laptop.  In doing so, they lost quite a bit of the metadata from my photos.  A big chunk of my photos all have a date of July 20, 2011.

I've been trying to reconstruct some of those dates as best I can by looking at what I posted during 2009, 2010 and 2011.  It's tedious but it gives me something to do when it's too hot to be outside.

While doing that, I found several photos from that very first Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden back in 2009.  These are glass sculptures that I don't think ever got posted.






I especially liked this orange one.  It makes me think of an orange-flavored dessert of some kind.


















All three of these were located in the covered cactus garden.

I know I'm never going to get all the dates right on these old photos but they will be close.  

4 comments:

Travel said...

When I moved to the Mac, my photo files lost all of their organization except dates. I hate the Mac photo filing system.

RedPat said...

These are beautiful, Sharon.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

My goodness! How beautiful they are!!

Steve Reed said...

I upload everything to Flickr and Flicker preserves the metadata (thank goodness). I have an archiving system of my own, too, but it's not down to the exact day. I archive by month. I always think Chihuly's sculptures look like sea creatures!