Thursday, August 20, 2026

Pomegranate Tree

 

Pomegranate trees grow well here in Arizona and about this time of year, they are full of fruit almost ready for the picking.  You can see just a touch of pink showing up on these two.

















It won't be long before these three are ready to be picked and put to good use.

I see those ruby-red seeds used in salads and other dishes.  Or they can be crushed and made into a syrup and used as flavoring for drinks and other things.  

Do any of you use pomegranates?


5 comments:

Gemel said...

I remember opening pomegranates and eating them straight from the tree as a child, I still think this is the best way.

Travel said...

It has been a long time, they are a bit of a pain to open. But that shouldn't stand in my way. George Washington grew them at Mt Vernon (he had a heated sun house - they also grew citrus.)

RedPat said...

I have never seen them on a tree. When I was a kid we would buy them and tear them apart to get at the delicious seeds. haven't doe that in years, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I love pomegranates but they're not something we could grow here (as far as I know).

Diaday said...

I've had pomegranate dressing on a salad and it was very tasty.