Saturday, August 8, 2026

A Hummingbird From the Past

 

I found these hummingbird photos when I was going through my Desert Botanical Garden photo file from 2012.  Back in those days I was using my Sony DSLR A200 with a 75-300mm zoom lens.  All the photos I took with that camera have a different look to them.  I'm not sure how to explain it except to say they are slightly darker or more intense in their color and depth.  

It looks like I was focused on this little hummingbird sitting in a tree.  This little bird looks so sweet sitting in the tree with one eye on me to make sure I don't pose a danger.

After the little rest in the tree, it was back to work gathering nectar from these blooms.

I might show a few more of these old photos taken with that Sony camera.  I like the look of them.  I still have that camera.  I need to get it out and clean it up and maybe take some new photos with it.  It's heavy so I probably won't want to take many but I should at least give it a try.

7 comments:

Gemel said...

These are gorgeous photos Sharon.

Travel said...

A lot of saturation in the colors.

RedPat said...

They are magical little birds, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Terrific photos! You could probably boost the exposure just a tad in your editing software to make them a bit brighter (if you want that).

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

They are usually hard to find and hard to photograph. They just don't stay still !!

Amypie71 said...

Beautiful bird and great photos, I've never seen one, have a nice weekend.

Diaday said...

Wow! Catching a hummingbird on a branch doesn't happen very often. Beautiful photos!