Monday, August 17, 2026

First and Last

 


I had dinner with my good friends David and Riley Saturday evening at a place close to where they live on the edge of downtown Phoenix.  They had been to this place before but it was my first time and I loved it.  It's called First and Last and they serve an assortment of seasonal dishes creatively prepared.  

I snapped this photo as we waited to be seated.  We ended up at a table down near the end of this photo, closer to the windows.  I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the place.  It was busy yet cozy with a great cosmopolitan feel that really came to life as the sun went down.







I had the Tagliatelle al Limone which was delicious with a delicate lemon and basil flavor.  But, I think my favorite thing was the Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Focaccia.  It was light and fluffy and served in that iron skillet you can see just the edge of at the top of this photo. 

I'd go back to this place any time.

6 comments:

Travel said...

Looks yummy!

Diaday said...

I see pine nuts, too. Yummmmm!

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

I would go back to that place for sure!!!

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks nice enough.

RedPat said...

It looks delicious, Sharon.

Gemel said...

Sounds delicious.