Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Featuring Local Businesses


About four years ago, the Phoenix Airport did a major rehab and along with some of the decor, changed out all of the businesses located in the airport.  The aim was to highlight local businesses as opposed to national chains.


So now most of the restaurants featured are all locally owned like the one I mentioned yesterday and this one called Chelsea's Kitchen.  Chelsea's Kitchen is a popular restaurant located close to where I live now.  I meet friends there every now and then for dinner.  As with Cheuvront's that I mentioned yesterday, I haven't tried this airport location but, the restaurant near me has great food.


Along with the eating establishments, they changed out some of the shops too.  Roosevelt Row is a section of downtown Phoenix that is full of art galleries and small shops.  This shop highlights items from the different shops on Roosevelt Row.  Many of the items are hand made works of art.

I wonder how well shops at the airport do.  They appear to be thriving.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I can't imagine to go shopping at an aeroport. When you have to get a flight you can't take anything with you it is all thrown in a bin. And when you come back you want to go home and not do a shopping. It never comes in my mind to think on a day , hee let's go shopping on Schiphol aeroport! :)

Steve Reed said...

I think airport shops do pretty well, actually. When people have time to kill before or between flights I think they browse and at least sometimes buy! (And sometimes they need last-minute souvenir gifts!) I've bought items of clothing in an airport before.

RedPat said...

I've bought souvenirs and things from the duty-free shops while waiting for flights but that is about it!

William Kendall said...

The airport looks quite modern. Ours had an extensive renovation several years ago as well.

Bill said...

I've only bought a few souveniers when passing through an airport. I would think that they do a good business simply because of all the people passing through.

Lois said...

The only time I shop at airports is when I have a long layover. It's a nice way to pass the time and sometimes you do find some unique souvenirs.

Judy Ryer said...

I remember we had some pizza at the airport in New Jersey. Not as good as what we hoped for but, we were hungry. Do you remember that? It was fifteen years ago. Can you believe it?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The airport looks good Sharon, hopefully there's a good book/magazine shop, that and good coffee are about it for me 😀

Kate said...

Even though this one is sleek and modern, I really do not like airports because many seem to have the same kind of efficient, modern look (and sterile) look about them.