Monday, June 4, 2018

The Phoenix & Friends


I found this mural on the side of a dental office and it depicts two of my favorite feathered friends.  First the mythical Phoenix bird rising out of the fire in splendid glory and three of those colorful peach-faced lovebirds that have made the Phoenix area their home.  Way down in the bottom left corner there is a signature that says "Phoenix 2015 by Slot Head" and below that is the picture of a toaster.


The only problem is, I can't find any information on an artist called "slot head".  I wonder who it could be.

For more "Monday Murals", click here.

14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

A beautiful one!

Andy said...

Nice mural. Too bad there is no info about the artist.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh this is a beautiful mural Sharon, what a find! Really like the unusual way the artist has signed their work

RedPat said...

Good one,Sharon! I especially like the lovebirds!

Thérèse said...

What I like is the current interpretation of the mythical phoenix.

Sami said...

A beautiful mural Sharon, I wonder about the toaster...
Thanks for participating.

Steve Reed said...

I LOVE that mural. Dare I say, it's HOT!

William Kendall said...

It's very well done!

Lowell said...

Slothead has fine artistic abilities and a great sense of humor. I've not seen any of those peach-faced lovebirds. Wonder where they came from? You know, looking at that mural a 2nd time, the Phoenix appears afraid of the lovebirds and is struggling to get away from them. I wonder what the significance of that is?

Judy Ryer said...

Looks like those Lovebirds are trying to chase the Phoenix away. Pretty cute and I like the logo for the artist with the toaster.

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful - and I love that little toaster! Cute idea!

Catalyst said...

Try this number: 602-232-1980. The people that answer may be able to tell you.

Karl said...

Great mural, Sharon, the Phoenix bird is marvelous !
I like the little toaster also :)

Jack said...

A beautiful mural.