Sunday, May 27, 2018

Historic Variety


I had these photos in my "historic neighborhoods" file and I thought they would show the variety of older homes that can be found in our oldest neighborhoods.  If it weren't for those palm trees, this one would look like it would fit in well in the midwest or east of the U.S.


While this one has a very fitting southwestern look to it.  It fits in well in Arizona or would look equally at home in California.


This one is the home of a friend of mine and I've always admired the way the front door is so beautifully framed.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm showing the outdoor part of the Chihuly Garden and Glass.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Pretty house and I love those trees around.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

All three lovely homes, the last truly fits the Arizona ideal ✨

Lowell said...

Each of these beautiful houses has features I like...love the wrap-around porch on the first house, the simple Spanish style of the 2nd and the magnificent doorway on the third! A treasure of homes!

William Kendall said...

Each of them appeals to me!

Judy Ryer said...

All nice

RedPat said...

I really like your friend's house! You must show us more of it one day if they don't mind.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

All three are beauties, but I'm really drawn to the Spanish architecture of #2 and #3. You're correct, #2 is not uncommon here in S. CA. Your friends house looks very cool. Would love to see the inside!

Steve Reed said...

I love that last one! Your friend has a nice house!