Monday, July 18, 2016

Wild Horse Pass


Several years ago I attended a one-day conference at a resort in the far south reaches of Phoenix and I was so taken with the beautiful buildings and landscape that I swore I'd go back for photos.  It took me a few years but I finally made it.

The Sheraton Grand Wild Horse Pass Resort is a premier, Native American owned resort located on Native American land just south of Phoenix.


















The part of the resort that I saw years ago was the convention center and I thoroughly enjoyed the architecture, decor and the outdoor facilities around the center.


Just outside of the convention facility is a vast area of conversation places suited for outdoor events, evening cocktail parties or just a place to take a break and relax.


The entire resort was designed to be an authentic representation of the Gila Indian Community's heritage and culture.  The architecture, design and art is all working together to represent the Pima Indian culture.

Tomorrow I'll have a few more photos of the landscaping around this facility and later in the week, I'll show you the decor inside the convention space and I'll visit the main resort facility and show you the beauty of that spot.

11 comments:

Halcyon said...

I love that shade of adobe orange. Looks like a welcoming place!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It really couldn't have been designed in a more perfect way to fit into the Arizona landscape Sharon, can't wait to see the gardens.. I wonder if they'll be as I've already fixed them in my imagination��

Kate said...

Your photos of this outstanding place makes me yearn for New Mexico! Terrific name for the centre and am always so happy to see commercial success with Native American enterprises.

Christine said...

So far so enthralling! Looking forward to seeing more!

Steve Reed said...

I especially like that second picture. Wonderful lines and light.

Lowell said...

The architecture blends superbly with the desert around it! It looks very inviting and is very beautiful.

Judy said...

It is really beautiful and looks perfect for a nice gathering.

William Kendall said...

I really like the architectural style here!

RedPat said...

It looks beautiful Sharon! Reminds me of Randy & his Santa Fe pics.

Karl said...

I like the style !

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

Absolutely amazing place!