Saturday, October 3, 2015

Storybook Land


I don't think I've mentioned how much I've enjoyed searching out all the historic neighborhoods and cruising around them to see what I can find.  In amongst all those older homes that have been lovingly maintained, I've had the opportunity to find some rather quirky and down-right odd places too.  Here is a perfect example.  Remember that Idylwilde Park neighborhood I posted about last week?  It's the one with the hidden garden that runs behind all the homes.  I found this house in that neighborhood.  It appears that they have a bit of a storybook theme going on at this place.




There are all kinds of interesting things scattered about the front yard.  Here's an example.






























This shot taken from a different angle shows a little more of the interesting things decorating the yard.  In the top photo you might see a touch of red and white check in the bottom center of the photo.


As you can see in this close up view, it's a basket with the checked cloth inside and the statue of a goose in the basket.  Do you think that might be Mother Goose?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magical!

EG CameraGirl said...

Yep, quirky. ;))

Kathy said...

I see they have added even more since the last time I was by this place. I've been by to see this house many times because it's just so fascinating! They should sell tickets!

Judy said...

Looks like it all gets lit up at night too! Fun!

Karl said...

Lovely and interesting decorations !

VP said...

A paradise of curious things!

RedPat said...

Imagine what the inside of the place might look like!

William Kendall said...

A quirky and appealing place!

Lowell said...

What a riot! I think I'd be a wee bit afraid to go inside! :)

Catalyst said...

Wacko!

Lois said...

I really like this! I think you are right about that being Mother Goose.

Kate said...

When I see places like this I definitely want to meet the owners!

Jack said...

Unusual, Sharon. I have seen some "artwork" made from braided reeds . . . these owners have taken the style as their own.

Unknown said...

It looks lovely!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Goodness! Definitely a Mother Goose theme going on in this qwuirky garden Sharon :) what an unusual find!