Friday, May 30, 2014

The Arizona Lovebirds


You know how I love the "lovebirds" who visit my yard all the time.  Well this one was visiting the Desert Botanical Garden.  Actually, I think there is another flock of them living around the garden.  When I was there one of the mornings last weekend, I heard their distinctive  chirping and I started looking around.  That's when I spotted this beauty sitting on top of a saguaro cactus.  It's certainly not a classic desert scene but, it seems these wonderful birds have made the area their home and we need to get used to seeing them in the desert environment.

16 comments:

Elisabeth Firsching said...

Looks like they are made for each other ;-)

Anonymous said...

It's always good to see the lovebirds!

Lois said...

It would not take me long to get used to them! They are so cute.

Judy said...

Adorable! I wish some would come to our area for the summer.

RedPat said...

It looks quite pleased with itself up there!

Lowell said...

You did a great job with this photo shot against the sky. The facial features of the bird are sharp as a tack! Cute little bird. Reminds me of the thousands of little green parrots which have inundated south Florida. I think someone let a few loose and now they are everywhere. Noisy, too!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful capture, Sharon!

Karl said...

Adorable shot, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Well, at least they're pretty. :)

cieldequimper said...

He's very good at camouflage!

Randy said...

One of your best. Great color too.

Unknown said...

Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

Kate said...

He blends right in with the colors of the cactus.

Kathy said...

He/she looks mighty comfy atop that saguaro.

Thérèse said...

A new concept to get used to. The picture is beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a lovely capture, Sharon!