Monday, May 26, 2014

Sapphire Star...losing it's glow


Remember the Sapphire Star?  It was on the agenda for dismantling on Sunday morning.  The crew above has just started taking off the individual pieces.


Each piece was wired in place on the form so this job required some wire cutting to release each piece.


As they took them off, they passed them to a team who were putting each piece into packing boxes, but, they were getting ahead of themselves so there were a few of the spikes leaning agains a wall waiting to be picked up.


At the end, all that was left was this round form with the cut wires still curled up inside. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks to be quite a dangerous job, lots of very sharp looking pieces to collect and pack away!

Thérèse said...

Such an appealing blue against the Arizona sky!

Birdman said...

"Oh no, here comes that crazy lady with her camera again."
There's something about blue for me.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sharon I'm so glad you took these shots, I must admit I did wonder when you showed them complete a while back how they were they were put together. It all makes sense now :)

Kate said...

Takes away some of the magic, doesn't it?

Lowell said...

Another amazing set of images! Like Grace, I didn't know quite how these were made. Can't imagine leaving those spikes against a wall for any length of time! :)

Judy said...

I would not want that job!

RedPat said...

I love seeing the inner structures, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

I can appreciate why that takes so long!1

glenda said...

This is quite an interesting process.

cieldequimper said...

That is extraordinary!

Kathy said...

Fascinating work!

Randy said...

Don't let me near it.

Catalyst said...

Yes, I was thinking it looked dangerous, too.

Jack said...

This is interesting. I have never seen either an installation taking place nor a de-installation. Thanks, Sharon.