Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Favorite


Of all the arrangements there, I think this was my favorite.  I love all the colors and the overall whimsical design.

It was inspired by this painting called "Folklore" by Victor Vasarely.  The floral arrangement was the creation of Elle Schifferer of Designer's Mark.  The painting is located in the Kids Gallery and there are many artistic games and projects in the room that were also inspired by this painting.  I was tempted to sit down and make something too!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the compactness and colour, great shot!

Kate said...

That florist has a creative mind!

Thérèse said...

You Have to go back, make something and take a picture!

Birdman said...

My vote is for the woman in the green hat. She's too cool.

Unknown said...

Love this interpretation! Really cool. By the way, I was a big fan of Vasarely back in the 70's. :-)

FilipBlog said...

That's a flower piece I like. Just top.

Greetings,
Filip

Kathy said...

I agree. This one is absolutely delightful!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

We will try to make it over to see this exhibition today. After all, it is right across the street from our office, where of course I will be most of the weekend.

Judy said...

The florist has a lot of imagination. I like it too.

RedPat said...

I like the colour and whimsy of this one!

Melissa said...

What a cool exhibit! Very creative interpretations.

glenda said...

These are really great.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Vasarely is a favorite artist of mine....blessing...I read that it was 87 degrees in Phoenix this week. Yahoo! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Randy said...

Nice interpretation.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The colours are spot on with the painting Sharon, I can see why you like this pom pom mobile, perfect for the Kids Gallery, bet they loved it too.