Saturday, November 21, 2009

Exhibit Opening

Last night was the members-only opening for a new joint exhibit between the Heard Museum and the Desert Botanical Garden. The Native American band shown in today's photo, entertained us as we enjoyed the opening reception. This new show features works by Native American artist Allan Houser who began his artistic career painting and then moved into sculpture. The Heard Museum portion of the exhibit features paintings, drawings, and sculptures and demonstrates the artist's gradual movement from traditional art into abstraction. The opening for the Desert Botanical Garden portion of the show will take place today (Saturday) and I'll be there with camera at ready. In fact, I can hardly wait.

6 comments:

Mo said...

look forward to the pictures

Kate said...

I'd like to go to Phoenix, if only for the chance to visit the Heard Museum. Lucky you to have attended this performance!

Leif Hagen said...

I guess that was a fun exhibit and cool to hear the band!

Ha, I just had coffee yesterday with Kate who commented before me. Our photo is on my blog today!

glenda said...

They have so many interesting activities. One of my favorite destinations.

Judy said...

Fun!! From this picture, I would guess that they weren't playing traditional music?

Kathleen said...

We used to go to the Heard Museum a lot when we were kids. Downtown was a very fun place to be. Mom volunteered at the Phoenix Little Theatre and we ran all over the Phx. Art Museum, the library and the Heard Museum while she was there =)