Monday, March 2, 2009

Where am I?

This is certainly not something you normally see in downtown Phoenix….or is it? I was at the downtown Public Market on Saturday for its 4th Anniversary celebration and was approached by the fellow wearing these wooden shoes who was offering a plate of Poffertjes for sampling. Poffertjes are puffy Dutch pancakes and they are delicious with a little powdered sugar or syrup or jam. The Dutch Poffertjes House has a handy little mobile stand that sells these wonderful treats along with coffee, tea, and other drinks. Judging from the lines of people, it’s a popular breakfast stop at the Saturday market.

You can see a picture of these sweet pancakes included in this local newspaper review.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just visited Marc's blog, Amsterdam DP, and for a second I was confused now! Lol!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Pofferties? I have not heard of those but sounds delicious to try. odd specialty to have in Arizona but glad to learn about it

Judy said...

That sounds like a great treat, and love the shoes.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Cute shoes, for sure!

Nancy said...

They don't look too comfortable. The pofferties sound yummy!

Have a great week!

Nancy

brattcat said...

What a cozy shot this is. Those clogs must have sounded great on the pebbley path. I wonder if I can find a recipe for pofferties?

angela said...

The clogs are delightful, so pretty. I'd love to taste the pancakes...

abc said...

Clogs and poffertjes in Phoenix, wow! I also like the painted tulips on the clogs. Great PR for Holland!