Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Coincidental Find


Just last week, I had a few photos from the most recent exhibit at the Heard Museum about Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and one of the pictures I featured was a self portrait of Frida called "Diego on my Mind".  Last Saturday, I found a painting by Phoenix artist Moises that is his take on that very same painting this time with Diego Rivera pictured with Frida on his mind.  It kind of looks like he might also be thinking about a nice taco but that's beside the point.

El Moises was born in Mexico and raised in Phoenix. His artwork has a sometimes whimsical look at culture and society and is always done in vibrant colors.  You can read about him and see some of his other art a the link.  

Tomorrow I'll show you the unlikely place I found this painting.

10 comments:

Steve Reed said...

How funny, to reverse the concept of Frida's painting. Not sure about that flaming taco, though.

Christine said...

Super find & great painting!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a colourful and vibrant piece of art Sharon, I'm curious as to where you found it ☺

William Kendall said...

Quite peculiar!

Lowell said...

Some people call an order for a hot taco a painting! :) Very cool, different and weird. I'll bet this was in a Mexican restaurant. Oui?

Bill said...

Interesting piece of art, it is quite unique. Nice find Sharon.

Lois said...

I like it. The taco adds a whimsical touch!

Catalyst said...

That taco looks HOT!

Thérèse said...

Vibrant!

Kate said...

I think that I need to learn more about this artist; I like his sense of humour and style.