Sunday, August 28, 2016

I Feel Like I'm Being Watched


Last weekend, I headed over to AZ88 in Scottsdale with a friend for lunch.  I've posted about AZ88 before.  It's my my all-time favorite place for a burger but, more about that tomorrow.  I think in one of my previous posts, I might have mentioned that the restaurant is constantly changing it's artistic decor with something new and very inventive.  This time it was a row of eyeballs above the bar.  They are a little hard to see in this photo because it was very bright in the restaurant but, each one of those round dots has a blinking eyeball projected on to it and the one giant eyeball in the middle.


I cropped the photo down to give you a better look.  The eyes kept moving back and forth and blinking and they all moved and blinked individually.  It was quite an interesting achievement as is fitting for this very eclectic restaurant.  I hoped to catch them at night sometime when they would photograph better but, the waiter said they would be coming down soon and a new exhibit going up.  They tend to change the decor with the season.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Did you know there were pyramids in Canada?

6 comments:

Lowell said...

I'll bet that's rather a weird feeling, trying to eat while having all these eyeballs eyeball you! It's a good thing they offer a variety of alcoholic beverages...

Judy said...

How fun! You never know what you will see the next time you visit.

William Kendall said...

I think I would find those disconcerting!

Steve Reed said...

Creepy! I bet at night they really look bizarre.

Karl said...

I like all those bottles :)

Kate said...

The bottles caught my eye until you described the wall above the back bar. Was it a little disconcerting to be eyeballed like that?