Saturday, July 23, 2016

Real or Fake?


Back in March when I went on one of the two private garden tours I enjoyed, one of the yards had a lovely deep red wall around the garden.  As I walked along I admired the cactus so neatly planted along the perimeter.


But this one didn't look quite right.  It turned out to be a sculpture of a prickly pear cactus. With the exception of those multi-colored "blooms", it looks pretty natural to me.  In fact, that would look good at my house.  At least I'd know I couldn't kill this one.

10 comments:

Christine said...

Its a good one and I'd like one too!

Judy said...

It fits right in with the real ones. It's kind of hard to kill a cactus.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! As Judy said, I would think a cactus would be hard to kill. They pretty much BEG to be ignored, don't they?

Lowell said...

The prickly pear I saw coming. The petals look like some kind of cookies. Still, it's nice.

William Kendall said...

I do prefer the real ones to the sculptural work!

RedPat said...

I have a cactus now that looks like it is on its last legs. I think I gave it too much water!

Bob Crowe said...

At first I thought it was made of crackers and that the bugs would get it before long.

andrea chiu said...

Start your day positively and the rest will follow. Please do visit my site.Thank you and have a good day.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks fab Sharon. I remember years ago when I was having everyone here for Christmas and thought the top garden was too green, not enough colour. So I popped a few very real looking jonquils around .. had everybody foo!ed 😃

Kate said...

I'd like both kinds of cacti, each serves a different purpose.