Friday, September 26, 2014

Pizza.....great pizza


Back in 2009 I told you about his pizza restaurant that had just opened and I mentioned that I was going to add it to my favorites list.  I've eaten there many, many times since then and it is consistently good.  I mentioned in that post the name of the place "The Parlor" was derived from the beauty parlor that used to be in the building.  I was there last week having my favorite pizza, and I thought I'd snap this photo so you could see those beauty parlor chairs that now grace the counter.  So, if you eat your pizza at the counter, you get to sit in the old beauty parlor chairs.

By the way, my favorite pizza there is a seasonal one called Summer Corn.  It has sweet corn, roasted chiles, cilantro and a spicy creme fraiche.  I have to get over there and have another one sometime soon before the seasonal menu changes.

16 comments:

Mersad said...

That's a good topping for the summer corn pizza!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Steve Reed said...

Seems like those chairs might lean back a bit far for ideal eating. Wouldn't you get pizza down your front? (Well, you might not, but I would!) Looks like a cool restaurant, though. :)

Karl said...

I love pizza, but I couldn't eat it at the counter...

Birdman said...

Cold pizza in AM might be my favorite of all.

Kate said...

It is so satisfying to find a place to which you can return again and again for food that you like. The counter stools look fantastic. Great remodeling job!

Judy said...

A fun way to decorate the place! My favorite pizza place has been gone for several years now. (Giovanni's, you went there with us once) But I hear they still have the one in Albuquerque.

William Kendall said...

It reminds me of a restaurant I've seen here.

I love pizza, and we've got both the proper restaurants and the takeaway joints. One of the takeaway shops is a minute's walk from my front door.

Halcyon said...

I always like sitting at the bar at restaurants. You get to see more of the action! And your pizza sounds delicious.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my that does sound good Sharon, am off to bed soon will dream about pizza :) So good when a new business retains some aspects of the previous, adds to the character I think!

RedPat said...

That pizza sounds so good! I love cilantro!

glenda said...

My mouth is watering.

Randy said...

That Summer Corn pizza sounds wonderful.

Thérèse said...

The chairs seem to deserve more attention.

Thérèse said...

The chairs seem to deserve more attention.

Kathy said...

I haven't had a good pizza since coming to Texas in 2010! At least in our little rural area there is nothing even worth eating. There is a chance I may soon have an opportunity for a visit to Phoenix and I'm looking forward to all the wonderful restaurants there. Just heard about the new (?) Los Dos Molinos on Camelback! That one is going to be a definite must!

Unknown said...

Love those chairs, they remind me of barbers' shops.