Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wildlife


There were quite a lot of birds out and about at the Wildlife World Zoo last Saturday; many kinds of ducks and lots of more colorful birds including this gorgeous macaw.  I was impressed by the variety of birds I saw there.

I hope they are all smart enough to stay away from the crocodile compound.  I'm pretty sure this fellow would make quick work of a tasty duck or two.


I have a new photo on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm featuring a photo from my recent trip to London.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours on the macaw, not sure I would want to get too close to the croc though!

Kate said...

What a splendid colored bird!

RedPat said...

it's so nice to see bright colours at this time of year, Sharon!

Judy said...

That's a beautiful bird but the croc just looks sinister to me.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent images from the zoo/aquarium Sharon, how cute is Mum and bub below, not so much the croc above, they're almost as scary as sharks :)The macaw is absolutely fabulous!

William Kendall said...

By crikey! You see the size of that croc?

A beautiful macaw!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Hes is a colorful fellow but not keen on the other critter

LONDONLULU said...

Incredible plumage and wonderfully captured! I wouldn't want to get too close to that croc either, it looks hungry for a meal:)

Randy said...

That is one colorful parrot.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Your RED bird is FAAAAABULOUS!! But the croc lurking below (even if it's just the positioning of the photos) is WAY more sinister!!

Karl said...

Wow, wonderful bird, and photo!

Kathy said...

I remember seeing the beautiful macaws at this zoo.

Unknown said...

Beautiful macaw! I remember them so weel flying they over my head thw whole day during my stay in the Amazon. I miss that!