Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Something old and something new


I had a photo of these holiday decorations last year but last year the photo was taken after dark when they were lit up.  You can see it here.   This year I did some shopping on Saturday during the day so I saw them in the daylight.  I have to admit, I like them better lit at night.

The new thing I noticed was the bar below in the mall.  That's a new addition.

Gentleman:  maybe a little cocktail while your wife is shopping.  Ladies:  maybe something sparkly to get you in the holiday shopping mood.  Cocktail anyone?

I didn't this time but, that doesn't mean I won't give it a try sometime soon.  My favorite movie theatre is just across the parking lot so I'd say this might be a good pre-movie or after movie spot.

13 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Looks familiar, a scene reflected over here as well

cath said...

Lovely post!
Have a nice day-

William Kendall said...

The decoration is lovely. Having the ceiling be a skylight makes for a dramatic shot.

Anonymous said...

The bar is clearly a very popular distraction, or addition!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

If you were there last Saturday, I missed you. I ran into the mall for about 6:00 pm to get a few things while waiting for our carry out dinner to be ready at P.F. Chang's across the street.

Next time you will be so close to our house, give us a call!

Judy said...

They do look a lot different when lit up. Much more festive.

Karl said...

Really a nice place for a shopping trip.

RedPat said...

I agree with you - the night time is the best for them! The bar seems like a good idea after a hard day shopping - take a cab home, though.

WiseTioga said...

Sharon, I also like the older lite up version better, however, you did a fine jobe with the daylight version. I have to tell you that of all the Daily photo sites that I have looked at so far (two or three dozen) I find that yours is far and away the best of the bunch. More interesting subjects, better composition, better color, better overall exicution. Go Gal.

LONDONLULU said...

This really sounds the perfect place - I'll take a cocktail *and* indulge in retail therapy:)

Randy said...

A great place to people watch.

Sharon said...

Wise Tioga, thank you for those kind words. It's always nice to get a little encouragement, I appreciate it.

Thérèse said...

Sit down and observe the "crazy world " around would me my thing.