Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Ice Skating


The Holiday Ice Skating rink is back in downtown Phoenix.  My friend Janet (who takes me to all those great Phoenix Suns games) is now working downtown and she told me I should go down at lunch time to see if I could catch some photos of the business crowd out there skating.

She said that they were running a pizza and skating lunch time offer so that people working downtown might take advantage of a little noon time exercise and fun.











Although I didn't see any men in full business suits, I did see these skaters who were obviously taking advantage of the lunch time offer.














In addition to the business people, there were quite a few school girls also taking part in the holiday fun!

I took these photos on Friday at noon and I think you can tell from the sky that we were experiencing some winter-like weather.  We had rain Thursday night and a little more on Friday afternoon.

14 comments:

Karl said...

Great fun!

Kate said...

How nice it must be to skate without parkas, jackets, and hoods!
PS. Enjoy the first day of winter!! This Saturday is the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, marking our shortest daylight period and longest night of the year. Have a lovely week=end!

Birdman said...

LOVE those tartans!

Judy said...

I wouldn't have guessed that there would be ice skating in Phoenix. What fun. They must rent the skates there for the people who don't own a pair. Happy shots!

Anonymous said...

Looks like good fun, and exercise!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

It it real of fake Ice we get here in the UK

RedPat said...

Love those uniforms - that sure takes me back!!

Sharon said...

Bill, it was the real ice!

Jack said...

This looks close to the real deal, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

I had no idea. Guess I'll have to go take a look myself.

William Kendall said...

Strange to think of an ice rink outdoors in Phoenix! Good shots, Sharon.

Randy said...

Looks like the one in Denver.

Unknown said...

Ice skating in the desert. Cool! :-)

Kathy said...

It's always fun to see people who live in warm climates trying to skate on ice! It's good for a bunch of laughs. I have to admire their bravery.