Saturday, March 23, 2013

Twins, Twins, & Twins


Even though I'm not much of a sports fan, the one sport I do enjoy watching is basketball and luckily I have a close friend who has season tickets and she invites me to go with her often.  On Thursday night, she was invited by the team to a special "season ticket owners" event at the U.S. Airways arena.  She invited me to tag along and I'm glad I did.  It was an enjoyable evening featuring many of the players and members of the staff.  In our group of fans was a young couple with twin boys and in one of the sessions, we got to meet the Morris twins, Markieff and Marcus who both play for the Suns.  When the tot's parents opted for a twin-on-twin photo op, I jumped up there and grabbed a shot too.  Do you think those two little guys might be future NBA stars?


Taking that top photo reminded me that I had the above photo in my archives.  I took this shot of Dick and Tom Van Arsdale a few months ago and forgot all about it.  When I first started attending Phoenix Suns basketball games, these guys were on the court and favorites of mine.  When I saw them at a game a few months ago, I asked if I could take a photo and they kindly obliged.

So as you can see, the Phoenix Suns have a history of twins on the team!

16 comments:

brattcat said...

great post, sharon.

Unknown said...

The top shot is really cool. Great portrait!

Thérèse said...

Wow Sharon! Great shots! If I am a Phoenix Suns fan it's because of our oldest son who made me drive as a basketball mom for years and years around Arizona so I follow you everytime you write about my favorite team!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Phoenix Suns should consider renaming themselves the Phoenix Twins?!

Lowell said...

Super post. Great shots and doubly interesting! I wonder if the Minnesota Twins ever had any twins playing for them.

Birdman said...

To answer Lowell's question: I don't think the Twins have ever had twins let alone brothers. hahaha. I do remember the VanA twins though.

Judy said...

I bet that was fun. I like the way the one Morris twin is holding the little guy's toes. That will be a fun picture for them to have when they get older. They can take it for show and tell.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

This was an outstanding post. They just had a big feature article in the Arizona Republic this week profiling the Morris twins, which of course also looked back on the Van Arsdales.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

great images!

RedPat said...

I don't know basketball at all but your portraits are cool! I do know who Steve Nash is though. ;-)

glenda said...

I had forgotten about the Van Arsdales. I was a big fan when they played for the Suns.

Randy said...

I remember seeing the Van Arsdales at my first Suns game in the 70's.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Jack said...

What an unusual post, Sharon. Players at this level are so elite that it is unfathomable that both twins can get to that level.

Kate said...

The sets of twins must certainly be an anomaly and how interesting and great that you got both photos.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Double trouble..or twice as nice :)