Saturday, March 16, 2013

Patience


When I was downtown for the Ghost Tour earlier this week, I had an opportunity to stand under the sculpture called "Her Secret is Patience" by artist Janet Echelman.  I featured it here way back in 2009 when it first went up in Civic Space Park.  Ms. Echelman said that she was inspired by the swirling clouds in the desert monsoon season and by the bloom of the saguaro cactus.

I can definitely see the monsoon cloud interpretation.
Our ghost tour guide was not a fan of the piece but, I like it.  It's a conversation piece.

17 comments:

Thérèse said...

Beautifully photographed Sharon!
I even remember the nickname of this piece "sky bloom"

Karl said...

Wonderful shot, Sharon! I like this composition.

Kathy said...

Kowabunga! Gorgeous shot!

Birdman said...

What? And not the game of Badminton? Strange.

Lowell said...

I like it a lot. And I thought "guides" weren't supposed to betray their personal opinions! :)

From this perspective, the colors really stand out and I can see a woman with a beehive hairdo!

Unknown said...

Fabulous top shot! I finally saw her work at Porto (northern Portugal) when I was there last year.

Judy said...

This is a nice shot of it.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular, especially the close up!

FilipBlog said...

Most be difficult to capture the light like this.

Greetings,
Filip

RedPat said...

I love it! Great shot Sharon.

wilf said...

Amazing! So wonderfully captured!

Randy said...

That would be something to be seen in person.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh what's not to like, it's so different. Beautifully shown here Sharon.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very cool!

Jack said...

Gosh! That is amazing. Very colorful, otherworldly and thought-provoking.

Kate said...

I like to see the perspective of both views.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

This is amazing...I love this. Will it still be there in May?? Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart