Friday, March 29, 2013

Cactus beauty


A couple of weeks ago the Desert Botanical Garden had their Spring plant sale and I dropped by to see if anything caught my eye.  I picked up that plant with the flower I posted (macro shot) earlier this week and I also got a cactus called a Claret Cup Cactus.  Before I could get that cactus transplanted, it started blooming with these gorgeous flowers.

There are 4 blooms right now but there are still several buds on the cactus.  Once they all bloom, I'll get it transplanted.  I don't want to jostle those buds right now.

16 comments:

Andy said...

The cactus flower is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Almost 3d, fantastic!

Karl said...

Beautiful !!!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Great colors and texture. We also took advantage of the Desert Botanical Garden semi-annual plant sale this year, as we do every year.

Judy said...

Very pretty! It must be happy that you took it home, it couldn't wait to bloom.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I want to reach out....and lightly touch these petals. So beautiful! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

RedPat said...

I don't blame you for not messing with it while it has those gorgeous blooms.

glenda said...

Stunning!

Lowell said...

Those flowers really are very special...at first I thought you had used a special Photoshop treatment, but then I looked closer and couldn't see anything by sheer beauty! The colors! Fantastic!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

these are epic!

Randy said...

Nature is so wonderful.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Cacti are amazing, they look a little ordinary and then wham! these spectacular blooms. Beautiful macros here Sharon.

Kate said...

The shading of light in these photos brings out the beauty of these lovely flowers! Happy Spring!

Kathy said...

These blossoms are a fabulous color!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love these. Even with all the rain falling in March, some of my cacti are starting to bloom. They must be as confused as humans! :-)

Gunn said...

soooooooooooooooooo pretty!