Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Are there really people who would do this much decorating for a dinner party on Halloween? I took this photo inside a Pottery Barn store where an abundance of expensive Halloween ornaments, plates, napkins, candleholders, and other bric-a-brac were available for the inspired hostess.

I know that some of my foreign readers don’t celebrate the holiday Halloween but, for those of you who do, have a happy and safe one. In the US there will be many trick-or-treaters knocking on doors dressed in costumes and hoping for candy at each stop. Parents will need to be prepared for the oncoming sugar rush!
By the way, Halloween is a name that was shortened from All-Hallow-Eve or the eve of All Saints Day which is on November 1st.

4 comments:

Mo said...

What would you serve to eat with these kind of decorations. Not sure what they do in London.

Jilly said...

This is more scary than the pumpkins! I agree with Mo, what would you eat?

marie6 said...

Happy Halloween! We don't really celebrate it in Malta but it looks like it's setting in. I do dress my kids up and go trick or treating but only to a few family and friends.

Curly said...

It's amazing how much Halloween US style has caught on in the UK over the past four or five years. I wonder how many pumpkins the USA export to us each year now?

I have a small Halloween slide show to share.