Thursday, May 30, 2019

Rum Cake


One of my favorite desserts to make is my gorgeous rum cake.  It's a yellow bundt cake flavored with rum and full of black walnuts and then soaked in a mixture of rum and sugar.  Have I made you hungry yet?  Black walnuts aren't easy to find so I order them from Amazon and then store them in the freezer.  You can tell from that little dish in the background that this one was made around the holidays.  However, I'll make this cake for pretty much any occasion.

5 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That looks GOOD! I think we have a black walnut tree in our yard. Maybe we could mail them to you. LOL!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yes please Sharon.. hope you are having a brilliant time ✨

William Kendall said...

Sounds good!

RedPat said...

I'll have one of those big pieces please!

Thérèse said...

I don't think I ever tasted "black walnuts, don't even know they existed. I wonder if the walnut stain made out of them would be richer than with the common walnuts?
I am ready for a slice.