Thursday, October 25, 2018

October in New York


I'm posting a few iPhone photos from my trip to New York today and I'm starting with this great Halloween display I saw one evening on my way to dinner.





























I had a wonderful time and I didn't even step into one department store or retail shop!  I spent most days in some pretty fantastic museums and most evenings either enjoying an extraordinary dinner or going to the theatre.  I saw three fantastic plays, each different from the other and all very enjoyable.  I saw "The Band's Visit", a Tony award winning musical, a British comedy called "The Nap" and "American Son", a very intense drama about a very timely subject and starring Kerry Washington.

Our hotel was right on Times Square so all that neon was right outside the door.  The view above was from the room.

I count that I visited 6 different museums and had three dinners at highly rated restaurants.


I haven't downloaded my photos from the camera yet but I just checked; 468 photos to edit.  I'll tackle that this weekend.

As always, it was a great trip but, it's good to be home.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

468 photos that is always the result of a trip like this! New York is a wonderful place to visit. I remember my first visit, I was looking up all the time and was overwhelmed, had never seen such high buildings! You have spent your time very well, looking forward to your photos.

Catarina said...

Oh, New York, the city that never sleeps. You had a gorgeous view from you room.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Sounds like you had a high old time

Kate said...

How considerate of the decorators to leave a curved path up the steps to be used by people.

RedPat said...

Those people are really into Halloween! Glad you had a good time, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a perfect way to spend your time in the Big Apple Sharon, if you've seen one department store you've seen them all.. museums and galleries on the other hand, fabulouso!

William Kendall said...

You were busy in the Big Apple!

That's a lot of pumpkins!

Lois said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Sharon. I love those pumpkins on the steps. I haven't been to NYC in years, but I do have a trip planned for next spring when my oldest grandson will be performing with his high school band at Carnegie Hall. I'm a little excited!

Bill said...

The view from the room is fantastic, you were right where the action is. Glad you had a great time.

Judy Ryer said...

Nice shots. I love the one from the room.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, what a view you had! Love that skyline shot, and also cool that you took so many photos. When I come home with a large number of photos, I know it's been a great trip!

Catalyst said...

You are one lucky camper!

Steve Reed said...

I love the pumpkins! There was a time when you couldn't leave things like that on your doorstep in New York without them being stolen. :)

I haven't heard of any of those plays. I'm so out of touch with the NYC theater scene these days.