Sunday, November 8, 2015

Another Friday, Another Sun's Game


Little did I know when I set up yesterday's post that I would be going to another Sun's game this last Friday night.  I got a call from another good friend who happened to have gotten a hold of two floor seats for Friday night's game against Detroit.  I've always wanted to experience what it would be like to view a game from those exclusive seats and I thank my good friend for thinking of me when this opportunity came up.  The seats are great but they are also a little scary.  Every time the ball came flying my direction, I didn't know if I should duck or trust that someone would get it.


The floor seats come with dinner in the arena before the game with a very nice buffet set up just on the north side of the court and hidden under the north end seats.  Who knew all that was going on behind the scenes.


The Morris twins used to both play for the Phoenix Suns.  I even featured a post with them in it back in 2013.  Now Marcus plays for Detroit and Markieff is still with the suns.  At one point they were side by side on the free-throw line right in front of me.


It this a little brotherly love or just strategic blocking?  Who knows!


I thought I'd throw in this picture just for fun.  It was taken during one of the breaks when the Phoenix Sun's dancers perform.  Just look at all that hair flying around! 

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Today I visit an architectural gem.  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me just how close the fans are sat to the play, and those players aren't exactly small!

Thérèse said...

What a fun set of pictures! We used to actively follow the Suns which is easily understandable having three sons, less since we moved. Such a close score! Thks for keeping us up.

Lowell said...

Fun photos! You got a good deal at this game. But I think rather than worrying about a ball landing in your lap, you should worry about a player landing in your lap! :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Brilliant Sharon, how cool to get such fab seats.. with food too, bonus :) gosh those lads are tall, funny to see the two brothers side by side, wonder if it's a case of 'what happens on the court stays on the court' :) Basketball is probably my favourite ball sport, my son used to play and it was always fun to watch.

Steve Reed said...

Is there a barrier between you and the court? I'm not sure I'd want to be on the floor with no barrier! But how cool that you got to experience this, hair and all.

cieldequimper said...

Oh gosh all those giants!!! :-)

William Kendall said...

From all the basketball games I've seen in photos or video footage, there's really no blocking from the action for those courtside seats. I wonder what family reunions are like for brothers who now play for different teams.

RedPat said...

I would be nervous about being run over by one of those huge guys, Sharon!

Halcyon said...

I love basketball. We used to go see the Raptors play when we could. There is a team here in Berlin, but I'm not sure it's as exciting as the NBA.

Bob Crowe said...

Great photo story. I'm not a big basketball fan but I love the color and action. And that hair!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

With seats that good, it might not detract as much from the fun of the evening that the Suns lost the game.

VP said...

Not a basketball fan, but I like the photos and the action...

Kate said...

What a lively experience! You have gracious and generous friends..