Sunday, February 23, 2014

Festival of Arts


Yesterday, I went to the Fountain Hills Festival of Arts with my friend Janet.  Boy, was it busy!  And, hot!  Walking around under the bright sun between the rows of art booths on an almost 80 degree (27C) day had me feeling like summer had arrived.    The Fountain Hills festival is one of the biggest in the valley and must be running very close to the size of the one in Tempe.  I took the above photo when the Fountain Hills fountain was erupting.  See it in the background?

There were so many beautiful things to look at and if you had lots of money, there were a few very expensive items like a stunning table made from one large piece of rustic looking wood inlaid with veins of turquoise.  It was marked at $16,000.00!
But this wall decoration made from thin pieces of stone with little pockets in it for live plants was less expensive.  I didn't buy either but it was fun to look.



But I did buy this great jacket with the colorful patches down the back and a shorter set of patches on the front.  And, I think it will go very well with the amber necklace, earrings and ring I purchased too.  It's hard to tell in the photo but it's made of three colors of amber from Poland. In fact, the husband and wife who were selling the jewelry were also from Poland.

It was a fun day in the sun!

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I travel just a short distance from Phoenix to visit the old west.

14 comments:

Lowell said...

You are also inundated with snowbirds who love to go to art shows! This looks like a good one. $16 grand for a table? I'd pay $16. :)

As I recall 80 degrees was a nice night temp during the summer in Phoenix!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a spending spree in the sun!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

We just returned last night from our latest trip, and we look forward to seeing your jacket with you in it.

Kate said...

I hope that you will photo the jacket so we too can admire it. Art Fest looks like a fun event.

A friend here is traveling to Phoenix to judge some Indian art work, basket, I think in a few days. Does it every year. Wanted to join him, but Maggi, our elder dog is with us and is under the weather plus DH is having a back problem. Sigh! My plans to venture to Phoenix will have to be another time!!

Judy said...

Sounds like a fun day. We had temps in the 60's. I went for a walk and found a tree all leafed out already. If we have our usual cold snap it will loose all those leaves.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yup I'm going with that too Sharon, would love to see that fabulous jacket on! You made some fab purchases here.
p.s. how I wish it was 27C here, we call that a cool day :)

RedPat said...

Cool jacket, Sharon!

Birdman said...

Looks like some cool patching design.

Randy said...

One of my favorite festivals. There used to be a Native American band from South Dakota named Brule that played there every year.

William Kendall said...

It looks like a busy place indeed. That fountain really catches my attention!

LONDONLULU said...

This looks so much fun! I love the buzzing feel (and that fab jacket, and the jewelry, and and...:)

Thérèse said...

I kind of remember that sellers come from further than the ones who attend the Tempe Festival.
Bravo for the jacket and the jewelry! It's a good way to remember the festival.

Jack said...

Looks like you and I both went to a snowbird-focused outdoor art festival this weekend. I came home empty-handed. What about you?

Jack said...

Oops. I went back to read and see that you bought a jacket. Pretty. But I wouldn't look right in it.