Sunday, August 1, 2010

Theme Day: Bright Colors

A little over a month ago, my good friend Julie (Scottsdale Daily Photo) asked me to join her and her husband Dave (Tamarindo Daily Photo) in a summer arts project. The project includes a small group of people in a wide range of ages and an even wider range of artistic training and talents. The project is supposed to last over the summer and give us something to do other than bemoan our excessive heat. Every three weeks, a member of the group gets a turn at supplying a theme for our creative outlet and we all go off and create our little work of art based on that theme. Our most recent theme was “Mountain Moods” using our own Camelback Mountain as the inspiration. Friday night, we all met to look at each other’s work and discuss our creative process. The above photo is my entry and since it is full of bright colors, I thought it would be perfect for today’s theme. (You might notice that it’s the same photo I posted on July 26th.)

I can’t begin to tell you how much fun this has been and this is only our second project. As Julie said last night, “this is way better than a book club”.
By the way, if you want to see the results of each challenge, click here.
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

15 comments:

brattcat said...

This does look like great fun.

Kathy said...

Really cool. At first glance I thought it was an oil painting!

cieldequimper said...

Warhol is back. Love it!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

How cool that you "Phonecians" got together to generate all this artwork! What a great alternative to a book club!!!!

You have one fabulous photo here!

Randy said...

Very creative shot Sharon! Sounds like a fun project.

Judy said...

This is great! I thought this would be a good one when you first sent it to me. Very bright.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You are so correct in commenting that those of us participating in the challenge have a wide range of artistic training and talents. I supply the base line of that range, but am enjoying the endeavor very much.

What has amazed me is how different the artistic interpretations of the same theme have been. Yours is indeed unique and colorfully beautiful.

Kate said...

You are a woman of many talents! And, what great fun to have a project with friends. You rose to the challenge in a wonderful way!

Small City Scenes said...

I think this is wonderful. Interpretation is the basis for most everything.
What fun to have an art club. I want to join. MB

Small City Scenes said...

I checked out the results of the challenge and all pieces are amazing. MB

Magpie said...

Purple trees!! It can't get any better than that. Looks like great fun.

Lynette said...

Great Theme Day post! Mine is up at Great photo! Portland Oregon Daily Photo. Glad you had such a great experience!

Jilly said...

Aren't you clever? Wonderful colours too. What a great idea this is. I think we need it here and we too keep complaining about the heat!

irinapictures said...

Great theme day post and result of art challenge! Art is a miracle maker, I know :-))

Unknown said...

This is so cool!