Monday, August 17, 2009

Christopher’s

Yesterday I went to see the new movie “Julie and Julia” based on the best selling book by Julie Powell. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and highly recommend it. If you are a “foodie” as I am, then the movie is a must see.

You might be asking what does the movie have to do with today’s photo and the title of Christopher’s. Well, after an early matinee of the movie, my friends and I were in the mood for French food and we were ticking off the names of French restaurants in search of one that would be open for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Christopher’s immediately jumped to the top of the list because it was close by and we knew it would be open because of its location within the Biltmore Shopping Center.

I have eaten at Christopher’s many times both in this new location and in the previous spot at the other end of the shopping center. The food is always exceptional and you can be assured of finding an equally exceptional wine to accompany it. And, yesterday’s meal was true to form. Our food and wine were superb and it was the perfect meal after such a gastronomically inspiring and delightfully entertaining movie.

We discovered that our choice was absolutely perfect when our waiter informed us that the restaurant's owner/chef, Christopher Gross has cooked with Julia Child and appears in one of the episodes of her PBS television series called “In the Kitchen with Master Chefs”. How is that for a perfect coincidence? The restaurant is doing a special Julia Child dinner during the month of August. I think I’ll be back for that special event.




Oh yes…about today’s photos. Christopher’s is another restaurant with an open kitchen and plenty of seating around the area where all the action takes place. The small photo looks into the dining room.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I definitely will. Both shots are wonderful and the place looks great.

Judy said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Lisa Wilson said...

How fun!! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Memphis MOJO said...

It's like they are saying, "See, our food is great, and we have nothing to hide."

glenda said...

I am also going to see that movie. I can see how it made you hungry for French food.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Christopher's is absolutely one of my favorite places to eat!