Friday, July 24, 2009

Willo Historic District

The Willo district is probably the most well known historic district in Phoenix because of their annual home tour. Other districts also promote home tours, but Willo residents market their tour very well and they have a lot more homes open.

There are some very beautiful homes in this neighborhood and it was very difficult to choose just two to show you. I’m sure I’ll come back to this area in the future to show you more of it. After all, it’s just down the street from where I live and I have friends in the neighborhood who have done wonderful work restoring their beautiful homes.



The two I selected today both have very distinctive characteristics that seem to set them apart from some of the others in the area. Homes in this area date from 1910 to 1950.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are lovely (the 2nd seems to be taken from a fairy tale), but my preferences go to the the houses on the previous post, as they really make me think of Arizona.

Randy said...

Ah my old neighborhood. I lived on 5th ave and Almeria prior to moving to your neighborhood. Have a good weekend.

TeamSplashi said...

Great looking houses, looks like you went to the Europe.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

The second one almost looks like a castle...

Lisa Wilson said...

I love these houses!! I would just love to see inside, or better yet to live in one. This is definitely not what I picture when I think of Phoenix.

Hilda said...

Lovely homes!
The steeply peaked roof in the first home should be perfect for our rainy weather. I wonder why it never caught on here…