Monday, April 23, 2018

Jam-Packed Weekend


I apologize for being a bit absent this last weekend but, I had one very busy three days which started on Thursday evening when I attended the end of term recital for my friend the pianist and student at Arizona State University.  Then I was up early Friday morning and drove to Palm Springs California with another friend.


We were headed to Palm Springs to take a tour of a historic home called SunnyLands.  I've been wanting to tour this home of a former US Ambassador for about two years but, it's not that easy to get the tickets.  When I finally was able to snatch two tickets, I jumped at the chance. (I'll post more about this place on my travel site in the next two weeks.)  It was a quick trip. Four hours to drive there, a visit to the Palm Springs Art Museum to see the Andy Warhol exhibit, the tour on Saturday morning and four hours to drive back to Phoenix.   (I really wish we had a rail network like Europe!)   That's me above in front of the front doors at SunnyLands. 


We had to rush back because we had tickets Saturday night to see the Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Mystery Tour with the Phoenix Symphony.  Nothing like a rousing set of Beatles tunes after a full day of driving!  


And, the fun didn't end there.  Sunday night I had tickets for one of my Valley Broadway Series shows in Tempe.  This time we saw "The Color Purple" which was very good.  It's such a difficult subject but it was done extremely well.

That was one very full weekend full of art, history, architecture, entertainment and music.  I was in my zone!  

8 comments:

Thérèse said...

Wonderful program and I do like very much your last picture.

RedPat said...

You must have been exhausted, Sharon! What a weekend!

William Kendall said...

That's quite a lot of travel! Terrific shots.

Catarina said...

You were very busy, indeed!
: )

Bill said...

A fun filled trip, glad you enjoyed it. Excellent shots!

Judy Ryer said...

Now you have to go back to work to rest up from your days off.

Lowell said...

Wow! What a weekend. I'm jealous. And I agree, we need a ton of railroads and trams! Thanks for these beautiful photos, too! Love that last one especially, but they are all extraordinary!

Steve Reed said...

I love that first photo, of the piano on the pink stage. Is Sunnylands the Annenbergs' home?