Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Private Garden Tour

Front patio of the house.  The front door is to the left.

On Sunday I got to go on the Desert Botanical Garden Tour of Private Gardens and am I ever glad I got to attend this event.  There were only four houses on the tour and they were all stunning homes but I think I enjoyed the first one the most because of it's long and colorful history.  And, because I got to see the inside as well as the garden which was a special treat.


Off to the side of the home was a wonderful garden with all kinds of herbs and vegetables growing.  I saw the most wonderful patch of lettuce, some great looking tomatoes and everything else that will make a good salad.


Scattered all around the side garden and patio were statues that made very attractive little guards keeping the garden safe.

This house dates back to the late 1800's and it was originally a stage coach stop and used to shelter cattle herders.  I'll fill in a little more history tomorrow when I take you inside this wonderful home.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

What a nice garden, I like the stone cats!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Muito bonito este belo jardim.
Um abraço e Boa Páscoa.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Christine said...

A beautiful outdoor space, so different from our little yards!

RedPat said...

I love the garden so looking forward to the inside, Sharon! You managed to get no people in your pics!

William Kendall said...

The cats are a delight!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh what a visual treat Sharon, so very Phoenix!
P.s. I saw the article too about the long haul flight from Perth to London. Sounds like there were a few teething problems! I couldn't do it, I would be a basket case after 17 hours.. I'm already super anxious about the four hour flight to Sydney next week 😀

Bill said...

The outdoor area is so beautiful. I do love the cat sculptures, they're unique and impressive.

Judy Ryer said...

Very nice!

Maria Rodrigues said...

Beautiful garden.
Maria de
Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

Kate said...

Many of the outdoor photos you feature are stunning and this particular but this one is truly special. Outdoor living is to be envied!

Steve Reed said...

The colors in that garden are so beautiful. It makes me want to move to a dry climate!