Saturday, March 10, 2018

Carpet, Table, Chaise


A couple of weeks ago, I met a friend at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel for a drink and I snapped a few photos while I was there.  The one above shows the elaborately designed carpet in an area leading to ballrooms.


This photo shows a table and plant decorating a long hallway between the meeting rooms and the hotel lobby.  I love that Frank Lloyd Wright designed wall.


And this last photo shows a chaise (or a sofa) near the lobby where one can sit and relax and enjoy the view out toward the garden.  I enjoy visiting this place because the design details are so wonderful.  I really should get there more often.  It's so close I could walk there.

11 comments:

Lowell said...

If I had a few drinks, I'd probably never be able to negotiate that carpet and therefore never find the ballroom, and would miss dancing with my wife and that would not be a good thing. The carpet makes me dizzy...well, dizzier! :)

Christine said...

That’s a lot of pattern on the floor! I wish they had lined it up with the double doors but then that’s probably just my OCD!

Andy said...

Lots and lots of eye catching detail went into this lobby.

biebkriebels said...

That is a special hotel, I like the details. We made once a special Frank Lloyd Wright tour through the States. Sweet memories. :)

RedPat said...

I really like those wall patterns but the carpet not so much!

William Kendall said...

The wall patterns also catch my eye.

Judy Ryer said...

It all looks very inviting.

Steve Reed said...

I love that carpet, and yes, that wall is amazing!

Bill said...

The wall is awesome and I like the carpet too. That is an interesting table the flowers are on.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a tres striking lobby/entrance Sharon. Has to smile at Christine's comment, I don't consider myself OCD but I did note the same thing 😀😊

Thérèse said...

Designs to think about and use perhaps in art pieces for artists.