Monday, August 21, 2017

Walk of Fame


In yesterday's post, I featured the old San Carlos Hotel in downtown Phoenix and I mentioned that a lot of famous people have stayed there.


On the sidewalk in front of the hotel, we have our very own "walk of fame" with gold stars naming some of those famous guests.  Here's Spencer Tracy.


Carol Lombard


Mae West.


And, Jean Harlow.
There are more but, these are the only one's I photographed.  For a while, Phoenix became a little desert escape from the busy life in Hollywood.  Many stars came over here for a little relaxation and according to legend a few came for a little assignation or two.  If those walls could talk!  

10 comments:

Mersad said...

This one is less "in-your-face" like the one in Hollywood but I still like it. It has some charm, with the golden stars.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Lois said...

I like the way they have their signatures on their stars. Very nice!

William Kendall said...

The signatures are a good touch!

Steve Reed said...

Wow, that's quite a lineup!

Judy Ryer said...

I did not know that was there!! How fun!

RedPat said...

Those are real blasts from the past, Sharon!

Andy said...

I recognize every name.

Christine said...

Mae West has a very good signature!

Bill said...

I never knew that either. It's Hollywood everyone makes a fuss over. I like this, it seems like a little gem in the city and not everyone knows about it which is nice too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh there are some wonderful old stars there Sharon.. I can totally understand why they might have retreated to Arizona to get away from the Hollywood hype ☺