Friday, August 4, 2017

Symphony in Red


Earlier this week I saw a huge hibiscus bush growing in a planter at a local shopping center.  It was full of bright red blooms and I just couldn't resist taking some photos.

I don't think I had ever seen a bush with so many blooms at once and they all seemed so perfectly shaped.

































Hibiscus is another flower that has a short life span so I immortalized these by recording them for all of you to see.


Obviously, these particular flowers are long gone but their beauty is living on through the magic of photography and blogging!

14 comments:

Christine said...

Exquisite photos, Sharon! I love the second one!

Kate said...

Perfectly formed blossom and wonderfully vivid colour.

Steve Reed said...

I like that last one a lot. It IS cool that we can preserve fleeting moments with photography, and share them with blogging!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Fabulous photos Sharon, real summer blooms. I have several hibiscus in my garden because they looooove our hot summers. This is one of my favourite colours.

Karl said...

Beautiful macros, Sharon !

Judy Ryer said...

Awesome!

RedPat said...

Beautiful, Sharon! I had one inside for many years but it finally gave up the ghost last year!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous!

Bill said...

Wow, those are stunning Sharon. Excellent photos, I really like the first one, it is gorgeous and the light does its magic perfectly.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful photographs.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob Crowe said...

They all bring to mind the word explosive.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...

Very, very pretty and as rich a red as you will find. Sometime you need to give me lessons on photographing blooms. Mine wash out far too often.