Tuesday, August 29, 2017

ASU Art Museum


Several years ago I posted a photo of the front of the ASU Art Museum.  At the time, I had just made a quick stop to get the photo so I hadn't completely examined the entire facility.  I greatly admire its unique architectural design so I decided last Saturday that I should explore the place a little more.  The top photo was taken behind the front of the building (see the link above) in a space that forms a little amphitheater space.


You can see the elevated seating to the right in this photo and looming over the top is the beautiful and round ASU Music Building which sits next door to the art museum.



Getting to the amphitheater area means walking through some interesting passages with abstract walls on each side.






























The architecture of the building creates all kinds of lines and interesting color combinations.

Tomorrow I'll show you some things I found inside the museum.

11 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I like the lines and shadows. Interesting architecture!

Karl said...

The ASU Music Building looks like a new version of the Colosseum in Rome :)

Thérèse said...

I simply love this place for the some many times I went there...

Lois said...

Such interesting architecture! I'm looking for to seeing what you found inside.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh so many curves and angles Sharon, it certainly is a photogenic building, so worth the going back to visit in detail!

Christine said...

The amphitheater is indeed like a modern Colosseum & very attractive as are the different lines & colours.
Great tour, Sharon!

RedPat said...

I really like the look of this place, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

I do like the architecture!

Amy said...

yes, the outside of it looks very arty but the 2nd photo is kind of like a coliseum?

Bill said...

This place looks fabulous. There is so much to like here, the architecture is impressive. Excellent photos Sharon, well done!

Judy Ryer said...

I always like seeing those buildings. They do have a beautiful campus.