Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Very Unique Restaurant


Los Olivos Mexican Restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale is a bit of landmark in the city.  The restaurant has been in operation for many years and is still a thriving business today.  The inside of the restaurant is quite unique with this one room with the oddly shaped skylights.  It makes me feel like I'm under water for some reason.

I have memories of going here on dates when I was a twenty-something and had first moved to Arizona.  The bar had (and may still have) a retractable roof so we could dance under the stars at night.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm taking a slow train that has a lot of history attached.

7 comments:

Andy said...

A magical feast for the eyes.

Judy Ryer said...

That is very cool!

Bob Crowe said...

Well, all that blue. Worth us checking out when we're in town next month? We're there just three nights and we hope to spend ne of them with you, D and J.

Karl said...

Unique and beautiful !

Steve Reed said...

It DOES produce a kind of underwater effect, with that blue light and the wave-like pattern on the roof.

William Kendall said...

That ceiling really makes the place! Wow!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's pretty incredible Sharon! I'm guessing that the food is good too. The parrot on the swing made me smile ☺