Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Zooming In...


I can find all kinds of critters hanging out at Papago Park and if I use the my zoom lens, I might be able to capture a few without disturbing them.  This dragonfly was resting on one of the reeds in the lagoon.  It looks like he's looking right at the camera.



This blue heron was on the lookout at the edge of the lagoon.  He was looking toward the water so I'm guessing he was deciding what to do about dinner.






























This colorful duck was floating about in the lagoon.  He kept to himself away from the large group of mallards that were also using the lagoon for a swim.


And then I spotted this little cactus wren sitting atop a rock and watching me take pictures.  It looks like he has a tiny bit of nest building materials in his mouth.

My zoom lens does a good job of zeroing in on all kinds of wildlife in the park.

13 comments:

Andy said...

Zoom, zoom. Your zoom is working very good.

Steve Reed said...

It does do a good job -- but of course it's just a tool. The photographer does all the work!

It's amazing how adaptable blue herons are. They're in Florida, they're in England, they're in Arizona...

Karl said...

It is always very interesting to observe the fauna, excellent shots, Sharon !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent series of close-ups Sharon, love the busy wee bird collecting nest building material ☺

Lowell said...

It seems I remember practicing my high dives at Papago Park. Is that possibly correct. I don't remember all this "wildlife." But thanks for sharing these cute photos...and you did a great job with the long lens. I've got a Nikon 300mm lens and it's got a vibration reducer which helps a lot on the long shots!

Judy said...

It's fun to see all the wildlife when on a walk in the park.

Thérèse said...

What a pleasant company!

Christine said...

Fantastic zoomed in shots Sharon!

Stefan Jansson said...

Can be tricky to shoot Dragonflies. They stick around just long enough for the photographer to start finding the correct focus point and then they move a bit.

Bill said...

Great close-ups Sharon. You are quite the zoomer.:)

William Kendall said...

The wren's my favourite.

Lois said...

It certainly does do a good job! The wren is my favorite too.

Kate said...

Wonderful close-ups and how I love the dragonfly! Their gossamer wings are beautiful when seen up close.