Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Out the Windshield


I have two "out the windshield" photos for you today.  The first is the back of a gold pick-up truck with a louvered tailgate.  I've never seen a tailgate like this before.  Have any of you?


The second one is a special license plate on the car of someone who is obviously a Phoenix Suns fan. The colors of the Phoenix Suns are purple and orange and the "are you purple" plate is asking who else is a Suns fan.  "Vanity" plates are popular in Arizona and every now and then I see a good one.  Sorry about the hazy look, my windshield was either dirty or the sun was hitting it.  Either is highly possible.

14 comments:

Andy said...

The tailgate pattern is a new one for me. Drive safe.

Kate said...

Nope, never have I seen a louvered tailgate. Are the AZ license plates regularly that colour or is colour also an option for a vanity plate?

Lowell said...

I love these kinds of shots. And like you, I see so many interesting license plates (or goofy ones) along with crazy bumper stickers. It seems that we're one of the few countries in which people feel the need to show their "feelings" on their vehicles.

Steve Reed said...

I thought the second one was some reference to RuPaul that I didn't understand. Ha!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Two super spontaneous shots Sharon, I see lots of personalised number plates around some of them are really funny.. I don't think I'd ever want one though 😀

Thérèse said...

Nope, never seen one loovered tailgate but I could imagine it to save some gas mileage though...
I miss the Suns.

Judy said...

I like that tailgate! Good idea to let the air flow through.

Catalyst said...

That is a very strange tailgate, the likes of which I've never seen. I enjoy trying to figure out some of the more obtuse vanity plates.

RedPat said...

Some of the personalized plates are great riddles!

Bill said...

Interesting tailgate, I like it. I once saw a vanity plate when I was driving in Boston. It was in a funeral procession and the car which had the coffin, its license plate was CULTR. I thought that was pretty cool.
I haven't seen any vanity plates here in Ireland, don't think they allow them.

William Kendall said...

As a tail gate goes, that's an unusual one.

Christine said...

A very unique tailgate! Thanks for explaining the vanity plate. That's not something we can do in the UK.

Lois said...

I've never seen a tailgate like that one and there are plenty of pickup trucks where I live!

Halcyon said...

Funny tailgate! I am not purple, though I do like that color. ;-)