Sunday, January 31, 2016

Old West Atmosphere


I was in Scottsdale yesterday and visited two museums.  I'll have more about those visits in the coming days after theme day.  Traffic in this city has gotten a little crazy lately with all kinds of events in town especially the Barrett-Jackson Auction which draws huge crowds.  I did a few posts about this show/auction with a few  photos of some pretty fantastic classic cars back in January of 2013 (remember the Batmobile?).  However, traffic didn't seem to bother this guy who was waiting for some passengers he could tour around old town Scottsdale.


Across the street from the stagecoach was another old wagon sitting on top of the Blacksmith shop.  Yes, there is a real blacksmith shop in old town Scottsdale but there isn't much horseshoe work done there.  It's mostly antiques and art piece that can be found in this place.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Take a quick tour of the National Gallery in Washington DC.

11 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A stagecoach ride followed by antiques and art sounds fine by me Sharon :)

Jens Hamn said...

the first is beautiful and reminds me of a film decor!

Lowell said...

I do remember a blacksmith shop. My neighbor had his butcher shop right next to a barber shop on Main St. I'll bet all those places are gone. Love that stagecoach.

I didn't realize Scottsdale had museums.

I was going to ask you. We lived one block south of Thomas Rd, in the 8400 block. Just two blocks beyond us was all Indian reservation. Is that reservation still there?

cieldequimper said...

Ooooh I think I'm going to love this!
Actually I love it already (and it makes me want to travel to the West!) and yes I do remember the Batmobile!

VP said...

Love that first photo!

Halcyon said...

Those are real "classic cars". ;)

William Kendall said...

Both the stagecoach and wagon really evoke the West.

RedPat said...

I wonder how these would do at the Barrett-Jackson auction? ;-)

Lois said...

The stagecoach ride sounds fun, but the horse looks a little tired!

Catalyst said...

One of my former colleagues, Rick DeBruhl, works the telecast of the Barrett-Jackson event. And another colleague from many decades ago travels from Rapid City, South Dakota just to attend it. I saw a post from him on Facebook saying he had walked 9,000 steps there this weekend. Too crowded for me. I'll take the stagecoach ride!

Bob Crowe said...

I think I remember this. Old Scottsdale?

My interest in cars has ebbed as I've gotten older. Now I just want comfortable, simple transportation. Toys aren't so satisfying.