Sunday, January 3, 2016

Nicely Framed


I was at the Desert Botanical Garden yesterday and I stopped to take a photo of a new feature at the garden when I spotted this roadrunner posing nicely right behind the new installation.


The new feature is this seating area that is being installed but is not quite complete yet.  When it is done, those open circles will be filled with colored glass.  I'm anxious to see how that will look but, I was glad there was no glass today so that I could snap that roadrunner framed by one of these circles.


If you have a seat on the bench in this new place you will have this outstanding view of the giant cardon cactus.  You can tell how big they are by comparing them to that pair who have stopped to take a photo at the foot of the cactus.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Visit a 19th century temple in Italy.

11 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! Lucky the Roadrunner paused long enough to capture this shot :) the sculpture will look amazing with the sun reflecting off the coloured glass, looking forward to seeing it Sharon. Wonder how long it took for the cactus to get that tall?

Kate said...

I'm sure that you will get some good photos for us to see after the glass is installed. After all the time I have spent in the Southwest I have yet to see a roadrunner! What a great way to frame that bird!

cieldequimper said...

Gorgeously framed you mean!!! And happy new year Sharon! Thanks for all your comments while I was away!

Lowell said...

You have a photographic "eye." That's why your photos are so consistently excellent, like this one. I hope that when the circles are filled with glass you'll take another pic when the sun is rising or setting...

Kathy said...

Great shot and great observation skills.

Catalyst said...

Great shot, Sharon. I envy you your frequent visits to the DBG.

RedPat said...

I love it when you show us the roadrunners, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

The cactus truly is massive. The roadrunner's a cute little critter.

Jack said...

Three very interesting images. You framed the bird beautifully. And, WOW!, those cacti are HUGE.

Bob Crowe said...

The top one looks like a reflection in an eyeglasses lens.

Steve Reed said...

Wow! I love that roadrunner shot. Bravo!