Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mesa Arts Center


I drove out to Mesa on Friday to have lunch with a close friend I hadn't seen a while and I decided while I was there to stop by the Mesa Art Center to take some photos.  It really is an impressive art center with not only performance spaces but places for workshops and classes too.  It has a very contemporary design with a lot of attractive features.


One of the great features is this stream of water that runs from one end of the center's campus to the other.  You can see a little of it in the photo on top too.


And here you can see where the stream begins with the water gushing from those pipes above.


This photo shows the performance center from the Main Street side of the facility.


Near the back of the facility, the stream ends and this covered walkway takes it's place artistically mimicking the look of the stream of water.  

I took a whole lot more photos at this place so I'll throw a few more in here and there.

The theme for City Daily Photo bloggers on February 1 is
"A Scene from a Cafe or Coffee House.


14 comments:

Mersad said...

What a lovely sunny day.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

LOLfromPasa said...

Splendid architecture. I would enjoy walking along side that water feature.

Steve Reed said...

Looks like an ideal spot for photography! I love that stream. Really interesting.

Karl said...

An impressive center, love that stream too !

VP said...

A spectacular building, love that thing with the water flowing...

Halcyon said...

A really neat building. I also like the stream. And of course all the windows!

Lowell said...

That is not the Mesa I remember. I worked there in 1962-63 and it was a relatively small town. We tried to buy our first house there, in an orange grove. It was $12,500 and I didn't qualify so we ended up buying a Hallcraft home in Scottsdale for $11,500. :) This is a super addition to the Mesa community.

William Kendall said...

Thus far, the architecture really appeals to me, Sharon!

RedPat said...

It's a great place, Sharon! Looking forward to more.

cieldequimper said...

Very nice. I like the sails and the last pic!

Bob Crowe said...

Very, very nice design but I wonder about any use of water in AZ that doesn't meet an immediate physical need, human, industrial or agricultural.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Exactly how an arts centre should look Sharon, like a piece of art itself! I bet you could catch lovely reflections in the stream that flows through, love the idea of the walkway mimics the stream, more lovely reflections!

Jack said...

It is an elegant design, Sharon, and your photographs are all quite stylish.

Kate said...

It definitely is a distinctive building!