Monday, January 11, 2016

In the "Heart" of the Arts District


I took a drive over to the west side of town on Saturday to check on the progress of a new restaurant that will open soon.  I didn't see much progress on the restaurant but I did see quite a lot of art displayed on the same street.  It's an area along Grand Avenue that has turned into an arts district with lots of artist studios and a few galleries scattered around.  I found this mural on the side of one building that housed an artists studio.  I didn't see a signature on the mural but, that is one very large heart don't you think?  


18 comments:

Thérèse said...

What a find!
With a big heart anything is possible. :-)

LOLfromPasa said...

That is an amazing graphic mural.

Steve Reed said...

Love it! Definitely something metaphorical going on there.

Kate said...

Someone took to heart the old adage that it is good to have a big heart! You should post this on the Monday Murals meme.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The heart of the art district.. I like it a lot Sharon!

Karl said...

A surprising and quite unique mural !

Kathy said...

So far I'm the only one with a negative opinion. I think it's a dark heart and rather sinister looking!

VP said...

Eye-catching, but a bit disconcerting...

Halcyon said...

Quite realistic!

RedPat said...

Should be on a cardiologist's office, Sharon! Cool.

cieldequimper said...

I'm always taken aback when I see a "real" heart rather than a Valentine's day sort of heart, lol!

William Kendall said...

It is eye catching. You wonder if the nearby restaurant will have an adverse reaction, what with people losing their appetite after passing that, though.

Lowell said...

That is just weird. But you gotta have heart. I guess.

Bob Crowe said...

It's a little disconcerting. Also makes me wonder where the fluid goes above and below.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Fantastic heart mural

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Ah a building with Heart

A Colorful World said...

Very cool!

Mersad said...

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing with "Through my Lens"

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography