Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dog Days of Winter


Saturday was "Dog Day" at the Desert Botanical Garden and I joined my friend Glenda and her dog for a stroll around the park among a very large number of furry friends.  This family group was taking a break in a quiet place to rest.


This was the first time I had attended this event and I loved every minute of it.  All these cute creatures taking their people for a walk was a treat to see.  The English Bulldog in the upper right corner was wearing his Arizona State University Sun Devil's jacket.

I love the bloodshot eyes on the dog in the upper right and the freckled face of the one in the lower left.   And, the Boston Terrier stuck out his tongue for his photo op.  That's just like a little kid!

There were Great Danes mingling with much smaller dogs and a very handsome Boxer who posed beautifully for his photo.  And, down there in the lower left is Stella, Glenda's dog.  She insisted on carrying her frisbee with her on the walk.  I'll have to watch for this event next year.  It was certainly a lot of fun.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Check out the heart of the city of Florence Italy.

13 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Awww! Olga would have loved it!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a super brilliant idea Sharon, gosh you had a lot of furry friendly models, j'adore! I couldn't even try to pick a fav they're all so darn adorable, what a great!

Thérèse said...

Quite a diversity!

Lowell said...

What a great event! You must have taken a hundred photos! Love canines (most of them, anyway!) And it appears they were having a good time, too!

cieldequimper said...

Oh gosh, what a top trio!

Kate said...

Your canine friends modelled beautifully for you. What a great event!! Every bit as interesting as the blessing of the animals!

VP said...

This is very funny!

Catalyst said...

My! What a collection. Must have been fun.

William Kendall said...

Absolutely adorable. The bulldog's my favourite!

Jens Hamn said...

Ooh They are so cute !
You have very beautiful photos on your blog, thank for the travel! I have a pleasant moment here, I will follow you with pleasure! Bye

RedPat said...

I would have been in my glory there, Sharon!

Lois said...

How fun! Such cute pictures.

Jack said...

A dog day at the botanical garden? That is a new one.