Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Little French Inspiration


It's been about a week ago already but before Christmas I did a little shopping with my friend Glenda in north Scottsdale at a place called Kierlin Commons.  It's a wonderful little shopping area but, I think my favorite place there is this restaurant.  It's called Zinc Bistro.  If you read my travel blog you might remember that my favorite restaurant in Chicago when I worked there was a place called Bistro Zinc and this place brings back all those memories.  It has a similar atmosphere and a decidedly French menu.


I had the steak frites for lunch and it was delicious!


Just like Bistro Zinc in Chicago, Zinc Bistro has the traditional zinc bar where you can order up a drink, or maybe a glass of sparkling champagne.   I can come here and feel close to both Chicago and Paris all in one visit.  

13 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fab, there must be some connection oui! One of life's little pleasures is having a meal with a friend after a successful shopping expedition :) All the very best for 2016 Sharon, happy new year.

Lowell said...

Very cool place. I would love it. I kinda figured there was something French about it what with that Eiffel Tower replica! :) Excellent photos, too!

Kate said...

Memories are wonderful when they recall pleasant experiences and events. Looks like you hit the jackpot with this one. Come visit me at my Mazatlán blog during January: http://kate-mazatlanmexico.blogspot.mx

Kathy said...

I'm a meat and potatoes girl so I love a good steak frites. Have to keep this place in mind.

FilipBlog said...

French food is the best. Happy New Year.

Greetings,
Filip

William Kendall said...

The place certainly looks inviting.

VP said...

I would be happy there!

RedPat said...

I think I would like this place too, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

What a yummy post! I loves me a good French bistro.

Lois said...

Looks like my kind of place and my kind of food!

Bob Crowe said...

Could be on a Parisian back street but for the cowboy hat.

Jack said...

What a nice spot. I see why it is so appealing to you. Good food, too? Yeah!

Steve Reed said...

This looks like a fantastic place!