Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Porch Swing



When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to do was to go to the grandparents house and swing on the porch swing.  I'm not sure why but, it just seemed to be the perfect way to spend time.  

On Sunday instead of doing my normal walk at the garden, I decided to take a walk in old town Scottsdale to see what I could see.  That's where I saw this porch swing that brought back so many childhood memories.  My sisters and I could always go to grandma's, raid the attic and dress up in old clothes and then sip lemonade on the porch in that old porch swing.  Ahhh, those were the days.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks relaxing... and fun!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What lovely memories Sharon, I must admit I've always fancied a porch swing.. but never had one :(

Birdman said...

So inviting. "Welcoming butts to take a swing."

Judy said...

I think of that sometimes too. I wish we still had some of those old beaded purses that we used to play with. I wonder what ever happened to them.

RedPat said...

I saw one of those glider benches on a porch this week and thought how wonderful it would be to sit there - and lemonade would be perfect! Nice one, Sharon.

Halcyon said...

I never had a porch swing, but it does look fun. I like those cushions too!

Kathy said...

My grandparents had a big porch swing too. We have a swing in our yard that is attached to a wrought iron frame. It's in desperate need of refinishing but it's nice to sit outside on a spring day under the big oak trees when there's a breeze. But when the humidity comes up, forget it!

William Kendall said...

Quite relaxing! My paternal grandparents had something similar in their backyard.

Lois said...

It does look inviting! I love those pillows.

Randy said...

Nothing like a nice porch swing.

Jack said...

I love porch swings! I don't have one in CT or FL, but would love one.